Oh, hey again. I manage to drag myself away from playing Xenoblade Chronicles X for just long enough to make another game, so let’s see how that goes, shall we?
0 Hours in
Well, I mean, I guess that can happen?
…I guess I’ll break out the ol’ marker pens and paper, and get down some ideas!
4 hours in
Well, I ate some stuff, watched some stuff and found some new music to listen to.
Oh yeah, and I also came up with a neat game idea and got some visuals rolling. Not too bad for 6 AM.
11 hours in
I’m awake, and I’m ready to get some game mechanics nailed down. I know pretty much how I want the game to play, so hopefully I’ll have it test-able by the end of the day.
17 hours in
It’s been a productive few hours, and I’ve got something almost playable. Hopefully, the game should be up and running by the end of the first day, so I’m definitely on track. I’ll grab some dinner quick-smart, then I’ll finish off the rest of the necessary graphics.
22 hours in
Worked my way through the last few “combos”, and right now, it’s feeling pretty nice to play. I can doodle some more plants for an hour or two, add those in, and have a fully working version before I go to bed. That’s the plan, at least…
While I work on that, here’s a snippet of my ridiculous code~
25 hours in
Whoop, I missed the halfway update point. But, that’s because I have exciting news!
For the first time ever, I’ll have actual sound effects in my Ludum Dare game!
I mean, I did have music allll the way back in MiniLD35 but that was, what, 3-4 years ago? And besides, it wasn’t quite a full blown 48-hour affair anyway, so I doubt it even counts.
…I would screenshot it for you, but… it’s audio.
28 hours in
Well, it’s 6 AM here now, so I’m going to bed for a few hours.
However, I’ll leave you with a progress GIF. I’m super-happy with what I’ve got so far.
Menus, background and maybe multiplayer, all coming tomorrow!
36 hours in
I overslept slightly, but I should still be able to finish on time. First order of the day is making the game look a bit less…grey. I’m still aiming for split-screen multiplayer, but it will mean dupilcating a bunch of stuff, then changing it ever so slightly…. Which is really, really time consuming. Still, I’ll give it a shot if I have 3+ hours left.
42 hours in
46 hours in
I hit a couple of snags with the multiplayer, so I’ve been working on a title for the game for the last half-hour or so.
Here’s what I came up with~
I might polish up the animation a bit, if I have time. Right now, however, I’m gunning for customisable controls.
…This should end well.
48 Hours in
Phew, another Ludum Dare, done and dusted.
I’m actually pretty pleased with this one… even though I had to cut some bit outs. And controller mapping is totally broken. And I never got around to making the background. And sometimes it bugs-out for no reason.
…So yeah, a successfully Ludum Dare if ever there was one!
…you know, if you feel like it.
Or go and look at it on the Ludum Dare website.